With a new year comes the goal setting and/or resolution making. Below are the goals I hope to accomplish in my reading life for 2020.
- Participate in the Unread Shelf Project
- Participate in the Better Late Than Never Book Club being hosted by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner on Instagram. #betterlatethanneverbc
- Attempt the YALSA Hub reading challenge (the 2020 challenge should be announced in February.
- Read A-Z: read a title that corresponds with every letter of the alphabet (Beginning word of the title not including the word “the”)
- Read more diversely. My reading statistics for last year showed that I still read a majority of white authors, so I would like to read a minimum of 50/50 of titles that are by white and authors of color. I also read an abysmal amount of books that were about or featured a character that was LGBTQ+ and/or of different ability, so I want to increase those numbers.
Those are my main goals. I would also like to complete some rereads and read some professional development reads, but I’m not as focused on accomplishing those as I am on the ones I’ve mentioned above.
What are your reading goals for 2020? Let me know!
Thank you for stopping by!